Friday, August 14, 2009

Thanks

For listening to me rant out my frustrations last night, ladies. I hope you get your ducks in a row, Jennifer, so you can get back to writing more. I was inspired by our exercises. And, Jenny, I continue to be blown away by the brilliance of your words. Thanks.

August 14--Roman (1st Century AD), Portrait of a Young Girl. I've always wanted to have curly hair, soft ringlets that spring from my head and nestle around my face. My fingers imagine gliding though my curls feeling the spring. I like the gold mesh net the girl in the painting is wearing too. It tames her curls and looks elegant without being stuffy. The artist caught her writing. I wonder if she was working on a story of if she was writing a letter. It gives me a good feeling to look at a painting almost two thousand years old and see a familiar look in her eyes. It's reassuring to know that people haven't changed all that much.

Oh my, can you say uninspired? Gah.
--Barbara

No comments: