Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Procrastination

I was transfixed by the wonder that is our new LCD-HD television. I slid in a scuba diving dvd once I got all the doodads hooked into the right places, and it was almost like being there. The only thing missing was the salty taste in my mouth. I can see that this machine is the work of demons bent on keeping me from getting anything accomplished.

After supper I finally made the soup I meant to make earlier today, and while it's cooling, I did my prompt writing for today. As if I don't have enough to do, I've decided to make a new blog where I can put our soup recipes. We make soup every week for lunches, why not share our soup brilliance with the land of blog? I can get it all set up tomorrow at work in between customers and I'll put in a link when it's ready for you to look at. Of course there will have to be pictures. Mmm, soup, the perfect lunch.

August 11--August Macke, Girl with a Fish Bowl. There is a whole other world in the bowl, Gerda thinks. She sits alongside it breathing in the slightly musty fragrance of water that has lost most of its oxygen, tempted to lean over until her nose touches the surface. Until she is drawn into the underwater world trapped in the big bowl. The fancy goldfish swish through the seaweed forest, their bulging eyes searching for one more scrap of food they may have missed, the orange of their scales in sharp contrast to the pale chartreuse of the gravel. She would like to have tea in the garden of the ruined castle the fish swim through.

T-t--that's all folks! Good night.
--Barbara

No comments: