Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, RAIN

Two and a half days of it. You can imagine how wet sawdust feels in your shoes. Mmm, comfy. But when the sun shone the woods and the bay and the wildflowers were gorgeous. Lots of poetry got written, but I followed another path toward the week's goal to get poetry out into the world. I made an altered book. That means I bought a $1 book at The Attic, took my gluestick and X-acto knife, cut pages, printed out photos and poems, and stuck them onto the pages. I put in pieces of birch bark, cedar trees, even tiny pieces of limestone. It was very much fun and made something rather beautiful. I will recommend that you choose a book newer than 1934 because those old pages are very brittle. Before I post my art prompt writing for the week, I'll post a few photos to whet your appetite.




No comments: