Thursday, April 5, 2018

Ta-Da!

Here's the April Bay Lakes Knitting Guild newsletter in all its 10-page glory.  I got it proofread and sent out to the members this morning.  After I printed this copy, my copy, I reread it and found 2 typos.  *sigh*  Why do you always find the boo boos after you ship the danged thing off?  Oh well, I didn't misspell anyone's name, only missed a couple spaces between words.  Could be worse.  Could be much worse.



Yesterday afternoon when I was snowshoeing I came upon this pattern of pockmarks in the snow under a tree.  At first I was puzzled by it then I realized that it was the snow melting off the tips of the branches.  Looks cool, doesn't it?  And to think that last week there were maple sap dots on the street under the trees which meant that the sap was rising so it was time to tap trees in the sugar bush.  If we had a sugar bush.  Which we don't.  One of these years I'm going to get myself out to Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve on the day they boil sap to make maple sugar and invite people out to come and see it and try some.


This morning I went out and pulled down the snow and icicles that were dripping onto the driveway because it'd turn into ice once the sun went down but I left the icicles and snow on the other parts of the eaves.  When I was looking up something online before an appointment this afternoon I glanced out to see this "icicle lace" hanging there.  It didn't last long in the bright, warming sunshine.



I was surfing the play food patterns on Ravelry yesterday and came upon one to make Oreos with yarn.  I thought that our play kitchen needed some cookies.  I'll make a few more before moving on.  OJ has come to really love playing with the yarn food so I am highly motivated to make more.  I think next on the agenda is a chicken drumstick and then some fruit.  I love making stuff like that, almost more than making things to wear.




April 5--Felix Edouard Vallotton, Anemones and Oranges.

I want to be small
so I can plunge
between the red velvet
rose petals,
can spiral my way to the center
where I will lounge
in fragrant splendor
visited by bumbling bees
seeking nectar
spreading golden pollen
far and wide
~~~~~ 

See, I thought those were roses in that picture when I put it in my notebook last night so roses was what was rolling around in my head so roses is what came out the end of my pencil last night.  Look at the time.  I'm going to get into bed before 11 o'clock.  Yay, me!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Ten pages!! I'm more than impressed with your newsletter. Just this daily blog takes time so even if you spotted a couple of "oops" in the finished product, that entire Guild should be praising and thanking you. I thank you for the blog all the time. Knitted Oreos?? But nothing you knit surprises me. Glad OJ is enjoying that cute "kitchen" you made for his sister.