Sunday, September 18, 2016

It's Barely Still Morning But Here I Am

Somehow lately mornings have gotten away from me.  I think it's because I've taken to reading the newspaper after doing yoga when I used to blog.  Anyway, here I am with only a little bit to say, a couple pictures of hardly anything, and a long grocery list calling out to me, so I'll try to be quick.


Dad's rose is still a-bloom.  This cluster of three is just about on its last petals.  I'm happy to say that Japanese beetles never arrived to chew them up.  (watch, now they'll come out of the woodwork to make a liar out of me)  One rose cane is aiming for the stars.  See how it's already above the gutter?  Amazing.









Below and behind Dad's rose are the little purple mums.  They really are purple despite how the camera flash bleaches them out.  I used to have a whole row of mums along the house in five or six different colors but the rest of them all died out.  Guess I need to start over.  I really like the dark red ones and the coppery bronze ones.

This morning I busied myself fixing food for this week's three work lunches.  That's right, three.  I get to work tomorrow because Mrs. Boss is off in Florida.  I don't know if she's visiting Mickey or soaking her head on a week's worth of SCUBA dives, all I know is that she's not here so I get to work.  I found a WW recipe for "classic" chicken salad to use up the last of the chicken I roasted on the grill last weekend.  It looks pretty classic to me and it has lots of mustard in it, just like I like.  I made sugar-free orange gelatin with mandarin oranges in it for my serving of fruit.  One of the things I really like about this new Smart Points version of WW is all fruits and all veggies are 0 points per serving.  I'm sure if you ate an entire watermelon you'd accrue some points but in reasonable quantities you can eat veggies and fruit for free.  Yay!

And that's it.  I didn't write last night, just didn't feel like it, so I turned out the light and zonked.  Time to slap on a few photos, change the font to one I like better, press Publish, and head out for the market.  Toodle-oo.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That is one very ambitious rose cane reaching up over the gutter.