Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Lipstick Tuesday

I glanced out the window when I opened the shade this morning and saw a whole bunch of lipstick lilies happily blooming away mixed in with the milkweed that isn't quite ready to bloom but it's getting there.  In the garden the daisies are just about ready to pop open and there are blossoms on the acorn squash plant.  There are little green tomatoes on every one of our tomato plants but I figure if you've seen one green tomato you've seen them all so you're spared that photo.
 
It was busy enough at work yesterday so that I didn't make much progress on the bib so you're spared that photo too.   Whew.

I stopped on my way to work yesterday to give the chickens a huge bag of peels.  They were big fans.

July 1--Charles-Francois Daubigny, Landscape with a Sunlit Stream.  Jeanne lay on the stream bank trailing her fingers in the cool water.  Sunlight filtered through the trees to sparkle on the ripples she made and little silver fish darted away from her fingers.  A dragonfly lit on a grass blade on the bank and rode it down toward the surface.  As it neared the water she saw a flash of silver as a trout leaped to nab the unexpected treat.  Jeanne snatched her hand away as if she might be the fish's next meal although she knew she was way too big for a fish to eat.

Holy Moses, it's July already.

Time to take a run at the laundry.  Who comes in a dirties up all our clothes so quickly, that's what I want to know.  Hmm?  Seems like I just get one batch done and it's time to do it all over again.  Clean thoughts.
--Barbara

No comments: