Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Back In The Groove

I felt really bad that I spaced on rewriting a chapter on Sunday but I managed to eke out time at work yesterday to read through Chapter 3, change a few things, and then rekey it.  Chapter 4 is up today.  It's a short one.

Durwood and I both took a turn on the new treadmill yesterday.  It's quite a fancy thing.  I've read through the manual and I'm still not sure I know what's what, but we both know how to turn it on and make it go so we can take a walk.  Maybe next weekend I'll spend an hour and poke all the buttons.

I'm off today so I'm going to take another crack at doing not much for the day.  We'll see how long I can last before I fall off the wagon and do a chore or twelve.

July 29--Jean Durand, Vase.  The flash was like a red lightning bold piercing the deep black night.  Kate jumped and then ducked when the crack rattled the windows.  "Is it supposed to storm?" she asked.  The air sizzled with the aftershock and she was afraid to get out of bed.  She lay there listening for thunder or raindrops, she heard neither.  Before long she smelled smoke and saw the flicker of flames out her window.

That's it.  I got nothing.  Enjoy your Tuesday.  I might just doze through mine.
--Barbara


1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Good luck on conquering that formidable treadmill! Do you listen to a book while you're walking? I did that once upon a time when we had one situated out in the garage.