Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oops

Sorry, I forgot to post last night. I hope you didn't stay up late waiting. I'm excited that the month is almost over and I can see The End looming on the horizon, drawing nearer and nearer. Fun times. Hope everyone's done digesting their feasts and recovered from braving the mobs on Black Friday. I skirted the edges and emerged barely bruised. Here's a bit of yesterday's words for you:

Marie said good morning with a sly smile. I ignored it and got everyone ready to get moving as soon as Mr. Gomez arrived with his trusty clipboard in hand. Edward was sitting on his heels against the shady side of the container waiting for him. “You should consider going to work for the Customs office if you like it so much,” I told him. He shook his head. “It is not the Customs work I like so much Mrs. Rose, it is the putting things in order that I like. Mr. Gomez he likes things in order and so do I.” Elizabeth had taken my car and gone in search of muffin ingredients at the local markets. I suspected that we would be treated to all sorts of muffins all day long for the rest of her stay. Marie corralled Luke and Melvin and they set to work making the front of the Seaview look as if it was up and running. She made a pitcher of iced tea in my studio and bought a packet of cookies at Chilli’s market on top of the hill. “I hope you do not plan to eat those,” I said, watching her wipe what looked like a year’s dust off the cellophane. “Oh, no,” she shook her head decisively, “these are props. I did not waste any sugar in the tea either. It is a prop too.” She waved her hand at a laundry basket on the floor next to her table. “I borrowed some dishes and things from our room so that I can stage some photos. I hope you do not mind.” I peered with interest to see what she had commandeered; there were a couple of pillows, some coasters, what looked like a pareo or two, coffee mugs and glasses. “I bought glasses and mugs,” I said, “they are in the new container.” She turned to level a look at me, her hand on her hip. “And where exactly in there are they?” I shrugged. “How do I know?” “Exactly. That is exactly why I borrowed these things. I need to take the pictures and get your website populated and running. Mother, if you are hoping for guests in a month or less, we have to get this going now.” She nearly shouted that last word. I raised my hands to fend her off. “Okay, okay. But if the box with the glassware is near the door you will consent to using my official things, right?” She gave me one of those “motherrrr” looks and went off to make sure Luke and Melvin were putting up the shutters the way she wanted them to. I shook my head, thinking poor Luke and Melvin, they will not know what hit them.

Lots of things are happening to Rose and The Seaview. I'm excited!

Daily count: 1811 words
Total count: 48,597 words

It's the home stretch! I can see the finish line from here.

--Barbara

No comments: