Saturday, November 14, 2009

Just Under the Wire

It's been a crazy day. I made 6 quarts of applesauce with the windfalls from the backyard. I went to Walmart to get veggies to grill because I decided I wanted grilled veggie sandwiches tomorrow for lunch, and I got a big chicken that we roasted on the rotisserie on the Weber for supper. It was delicious. And we went to Sears and bought a new stove. Our old one, a 31 year old avocado model, was down to 3 burners and last week the broiler went. It didn't pay to fix it so we got a new one on sale. It'll be delivered on Monday. It's not avocado. Teehee. Now we only have an avocado sink, range hood, and clothes dryer. Of course, we also have 70s burnt orange carpeting that is evidently made of some miracle fiber that never wears out. I can live with the carpeting--for now. I didn't get knuckled down to writing until after 10 because we got "The Taking of Pelham 123" from Netflix this week so we had to watch it. It was good, but not as good as "Taken." Liam Niesen is cuter than Denzel or John Travolta. Here's a bit of what I wrote tonight:

After having worked comfortably with Iggy all day that changed when he walked through the arched entry to Sydans. I started to say that it was me that changed but he changed too. He was back to his reticent self, more formal, proper. I was too. As the day wore on and we spent more time working together we had relaxed with each other. He teased me about being the worst helper he had ever had, and I told him that he was the most persnickety person I had ever met. He was amazed that I had used that word. Oh, he knew that it means fastidious and precise, he was just surprised that, oh let us tell the truth, and that an American used it. I told him that words are my superpower. I am Vocabulary Woman, I told him, using my superhero, Saturday morning cartoon voice, both fists in the air. He looked at me as if I had grown a second head and then he burst out laughing. Both of us did. There is nothing like being silly together to take a friendship to the next level. By the end of the day we were joking and teasing and laughing like we had known each other a long time.

Daily count: 1431 words
Total count: 25,177 words

Woohoo! I'm halfway there.
--Barbara

No comments: