Monday, April 20, 2009

Tsk Tsk....

I've been bad...I admit it, but I can only do so much....and what I did was create alot of greeting cards for my business! You'll have to check them out on Green Pepper Greetings....I'll post each design there....it was definitely a nice break from the mind-numbing activities of work, divorce, etc.

Only 30 more days before I can schedule my hearing....I'm so looking forward to having this behind me...it's taking a toll on my sanity (and it's still amicable).

Write About Meeting Someone for the First Time

Claire stepped off the plane and walked through the airport's concoure, her heart pounding in anticipation as well as from the rough landing moments before. She checked her watch and saw that the flight had landed early. Did she have time to duck into the ladies' room to freshen up? Her need to meet him almost consumed her as it had the previous night while she replayed scenarios in her head until they all ran together. Her mother's voice whispered behind her left ear, "You only get one chance to make a first impression. Better to let him wait a few minutes than to have him see you all disshelved and travel-weary." The voice of reason had won and she entered the ladies room.

Moments later she emerged feeling somewhat better that there had been nothing caught in her teeth and her bladder was now empty, but her heart still raced. I wonder where he is, she mused to herself as she moved toward the baggage entrance. She could see his picture ever so vivid in her mind, but what would he look like in person? As she approached the escalators leading down to baggage, her eyes scanned for his face, but all she saw were shoes of various styles and colors.

She cautiously stepped onto the escalator, her mind playing out her fear of tripping and tumbling down the electric staircase as he walked away in disgust at her clumsiness. Her hand gripped the side rail while her eyes continued to scan. The feet she initially saw eventually grew pairs of legs decked in various styles of jeans and dress pants. Waists began to appear along with suit coats, polo shirts and finally out of the crowd of people, there he was.

Her heart caught for a moment and then began to beat frantically. He was finally here, finally in front of her, and finally she was home.

No comments: