Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brilliant...Simply Brilliant!!

Drunk with the wine of new thought......I LOVE IT!

Barbara - no worries about the length of your blogs, it's about quality, isn't it...and that you have!

Any word from Jenny lately?????

Write About What You'll Miss When You Die

Esther closed her eyes savoring the feel of his hand in hers. His strong pulse throbbed under her middle finger as she caressed the veins that ran along the inside of his wrist. She knew he probably couldn't feel her pulse even with his finger pressed on the same spot on her wrist. Her heart pumped slow and shallow as the disease continued to eat away at her strength as well as her body. His "strong, strapping girl", a name he affectionately called her now became, "my little, delicate sparrow". Every time he called her this new endearment, his eyes would well up with unshed tears, but he continued to smile at his beautiful bride of the past fifty years.

I am going to miss him so much, Esther thought to herself. She had opened her eyes and began memorizing every crease and wrinkle of his aging, yet still handsome face. Those blue eyes that gazed lovingly into her deep brown ones, the smile that still caused her heart to flutter even after so many years.

"What are you thinking about my sweet Esther?" His look was of total concern as he stroked her hand reassuringly.

She gazes into his eyes and just shook her head, smiling gently. I'm thinking how easy this will be for me, she told herself. I am missing you right now because I can, but when I'm gone, I won't even know it. It will be you that will grieve and suffer and live with the memories of me and of us. I hate that I can't make this easier for you.

Esther reached up with her hand and caressed Robert's face. He pressed his left cheek into her palm and sighed. With his eyes closed, he savored the moment until he felt her touch subside and at that moment, he realized she was gone.

No comments: