Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'll Be Happy To Share My Horizon

with you, Jennifer. Just remember it's over 300 pages of manuscript, but I'll send you the file when you're ready for it.

I'll do my art prompt writing later when I get home but I want to share another exercise with you.

Write about a mirror--He stole up on the mirror that had hung on the landing as long as he remembered. When he was a boy he was too small to see himself climbing the stairs so he only saw himself from the feet up on his way down, almost as if he were growing out of the stairs. He remembered being happy when he noticed the top of his head bobbing along the bottom of the mirror the summer before he turned eleven. That was the year that he grew over a foot from Christmas until the last day of school. Aunt Clairee said that it was a good thing he saved his growing for spring so she could lop off his pants at the knees for the summer.

I like this. I've already started freewriting more of the story, but this is how it started. Scribble on!
--Barbara

No comments: