Sunday, April 12, 2009

At The Eleventh Hour

I seem to be perfecting my procrastination skills this weekend. I finished my synopsis on Friday and haven't written since. Before climbing into bed tonight I thought I'd tackle my art prompt for the weekend. For once I didn't have to sit and squint at the picture, I just looked at it, picked up my pencil and wrote. I love it when that happens.

April 11 & 12--William Biscombe Gardner, Appleblossom. "Damned stupid sheep," Liam grumbled as he and his dog Pal walked from the empty pen, around the barn, and into the orchard. Some prankster, probably that Stuart brat from down the lane, had opened the gate and left it. The sheep, not being smart enough to stay where the food was good and plentiful, had wandered their foolish way up into the orchard with their lambs. Liam could have sent Pal and his sister Sally to round them up and get them back in the pen but these were his ewes with lambs and there were enough first timers among them that he didn't want to risk some frightened mum forgetting all about her new babe. He and his Ginny had enough to do without fostering a handful of lambs. So he and Pal were going to quietly round them up and gently urge them home. If any one of them took harm that Stuart boy would have a lot to answer for.

There you go. Happy Easter everyone. Hope your day was relaxing and all your food was good.
--Barbara

No comments: