Friday, April 10, 2009

A Good Meeting--With Cheese!

I really enjoyed our discussion last night. Jennifer, you have all the makings of a group leader, taking charge of the meeting like that. I heart you. As soon as I'm done here, I'm off to synopsize to get my April project(s) accomplished. Jenny, it's a great idea for each of us to find a project-of-the-month. I think you're correct to say that it'll keep us motivated and on task. Having a finite goal is much less intimidating than having all of the literary world at our feet. I'll work on putting a calendar on the blog so we know what's coming.

April 10--Camille Pissarro, Place du Theatre Francais. Ginny frowned out at the traffic that clogged the street ahead of her. What had the city planners been thinking? She snorted. If there had been such things as city planners when this mess had been new. Six main streets came together here. Six streams of traffic tried to merge and blend, then shoot cars off at angles, all the while dodging pedestrians and city buses and tour buses and, more and more, bicyclists. She ground her teeth and crept forward to be ready to pounce on the smallest gap. She kept one eye on the traffic streaming past, one eye on the foot traffic that ricocheted across like multi-colored pinballs, and one eye on the place she needed to turn off. why couldn't her meeting be in that nice cafe a block from her apartment? Why did it have to be on the other side of this mad vortex? She spied a space and her foot pressed the pedal just as a startled face filled her view.

Uh-oh. That is not good. Did our Ginny just cream some poor pedestrian? Was it the person she was to meet? I don't know. Maybe I'll come back to it sometime.
Enjoy your day. Write goodly!
--Barbara

No comments: