Not really, but the Bluejay is. It landed on top of the crook and then flew over to try to get some of the suet nuggets. The feeder is nearly empty so I've got to go to the birdseed store tomorrow to get more. I'll look at the birdfeeders there, but I don't think I'll buy another one since the last one I bought got gnawed to death by squirrels in less than a week.
In the morning I drew a gratitude journal page for yesterday. My highest excitement was for the Hummingbird I saw at the feeder but I'm most grateful for the good financial news at Edw. Jones.
I wanted to order the cover design for the next Seaview Series book today so I uploaded the manuscript to Kindle Create thinking it'd tell me how many pages I've got so I could pass that info along to the cover designer. Well. it didn't number the pages. So I guess I'll just tell them how many manuscript pages I have and hope for the best. I searched a couple of photo sites for downloadable images of sailboats for the cover. I found a couple that are adequate but yoinked a picture off an Anguilla sailing regatta site that's exactly right. Of course, they won't be able to use that one but maybe they can find something similar.
Today's watercolor is a Monarch Butterfly. It's in the watercolor coloring book which is the only way I'd be able to paint something this complicated. All those little segments of orange-ish color and the skinny black parts between would have been impossible without the pale gray lines to follow.
Last night I added a few rounds of ribbing to Scrap Hat #8. I am enamored of the colors and the way they change and shift as I knit.
At Friday Night Knitting tonight I got to the crown decreases on the Dark Teal Chemo Hat and managed the first decrease round before time to quit.
There is a whole raft of fruit flies on the yellow sticky trap in the kitchen. There's still one flying around me right now and one seeming to be trapped in the bathroom but I'm impressed at the success of my low-tech solution to the problem.
--Barbara

1 comment:
Beautiful butterfly. It looks like a photograph. Well done indeed 👏.
Post a Comment