Friday, March 8, 2019

Just A Little

That's all I did today, just a little. Didn't sew, didn't write, barely knitted.  A lazy day.

First, I was thrilled to see a Cardinal come to the platform feeder today.  He or one of his brothers came in the winter but I do believe that he's a bit redder now so maybe spring is really on the way.


Yesterday I deboned the partial rotisserie chicken that I've been nibbling on since last weekend, chopped the meat and froze it, then simmered the carcass in water with salt, pepper, celery, carrots, and an onion, strained it, and put the bowl in the fridge overnight.  This afternoon I measured out the broth and came up with exactly six cups of broth for the freezer.  Hot-diggity-dog.  How's that for luck?


Then I sliced the half-pound of white button mushrooms and a half-pound of crimini mushrooms in the fridge, sauteed them separately in a bit of butter and olive oil, put them into square boxes, and tucked them into the freezer.  Durwood started doing that a few years ago and they're wonderful to have in the freezer for tossing into recipes.  I never thought you could freeze mushrooms but when they're sauteed you can.  Imagine that.

8 March--Tropical Obsession. 

"Looks like a giant albino penis sticking up all lonely at this end of the island." Edward turned to stare at Louise. "What?" She pointed. "There's a lighthouse over there. See?" "Of course, I see it. It's the only building for a mile in any direction." He pulled the camera out of the bag between them on the seat and stepped out of the rental truck to take a picture. He stood in the middle of the road to take it. Theirs was the only vehicle to be seen. It was just after noon and everyone with any sense was either lying in the shade having a siesta or underwater. Not Edward. He was going to wring every moment out of his vacation even if he courted sunstroke. Even if he drove Louise mad with his constant movement.

I have to type fast because I need to get up and get going tomorrow because I need to be at Arti Gras to be in the Knitting Guild booth at 10 AM.  'Night.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That tip about freezing mushrooms is a good one. I love them in many things but P won't touch them. So I seldom buy a carton. Thanks for passing it along. Hope you're having fun at Arti Gras today. That's such a clever name for a craft fair.