Thursday, June 12, 2014

Flowers & Dew

It's not sunny today, oh no, it's very cloudy but my little flowers were looking awfully pretty when I went out there to turn the sprinkler on in the garden so I took their pictures for you to see.

The first thing I noticed was the dew on the bleeding heart.  It looks all silvery, doesn't it?



The verbena's all bright and perky, enjoying the shady spot it's in, and the kettle full of coleus likes where it is too.

There was a chickadee sitting on top of a shepherd's crook with a grub in its beak waiting for me to clear out so it could feed the babies in the birdhouse but I didn't have my camera in my jammies pocket and it was long gone when I got back to where my camera is so you'll just have to imagine it.


Tonight's the first Knit-In-The-Park night of the summer knitting season of the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild and I'm looking forward to it.  I've got my bag o'chair in the car and I always have knitting so I'm set.  We're also honoring World Wide Knit In Public Day even though it isn't officially until Saturday.  That's an organized opportunity for knitters to get together out in the open and knit so that those who don't knit can see and be inspired and amazed.  Hopefully it'll clear up later so it doesn't rain on us and then we have to go indoors.  We have a place to go but that wouldn't be Knitting in Public, now would it?  No, it wouldn't.

Speaking of knitting I added a stripe or two to the Oriole Wings Wrap yesterday.  I also tinked (k-n-i-t backwards) back a bunch of the orange stripes because I forgot to M1R (make 1 right leaning stitch) at the curved end of the rows on the right side.  Grrr.  But I did tinked back enough so that there isn't a jog in it, plus this is going to be a good-sized wrap and no one's going to be examining the edges, they're going to be blown away by the sheer gorgeousness of it all.  Aaaand I'm going to frog the hat I had started using Tunisian stitch and a long crochet hook because I just don't like doing it and I'm not a huge fan of the way it's looking.  Easy come, easy go, plus I get to reknit the yarn.  It's like halving the price of my yarn!

June 12--Edouard Vuillard, Garden at Vaucresson.  He kept working on the painting.  Even after it was sold he would show up on the doorstep, paints and brushes in his hand, to rework it.  Over the protests of the owners that they loved it just as it was, he would lift the painting off its hanger, commandeer a room with north light,...

That's when the Sandman reached up and snatched me deep into sleep.  I woke up later, I don't know how much later, pressing the cardboard edge of the notebook into my cheek because I just fell dead asleep straight on my face, so it all got shoved willy-nilly onto the nightstand, turned out the light, and that was all she wrote.  I am so grateful that I fall asleep so easily and am very difficult to disturb.  Time to shower, etc. and get this day on the road.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

It poured here yesterday. Came down in sheets. But we need the rain so I'm not complaining -- even though I was out running around in it. Good thing I keep an umbrella in my handbag.