Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Drizzle--Again

And they're predicting a good chance of thunderstorms later and a better chance for them tomorrow, although it's finally supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow and the sixties the rest of the week and no rain for the weekend.  Thank. God.  A lot of people have been thinking that we had Summer a week or so ago when it was nice, sunny and warm for a couple days and now we'd swing right into Autumn, that Fall and Winter had called for a seasonal do-over.  I'm happy to see that maybe they haven't.  Out back I see that the bleeding hearts have sprouted, easy to see now that I've raked all the leaves away, but it's sure dreary and drab yet.

I finished the beaded body of my May Art Challenge bug last night and today I'll be working on the head at work.  I also got a start on May Men's Chemo Hat #1 at work on Monday.  I don't know if it's really "boy" colors but I'm determined to use up the Soft yarn I have before I go get any other colors so I'll be using what I've got.  I'm sure there's a man or two out there who'll like a flashy hat to perk them up, or maybe a woman vet who's getting chemo will like them.  I'm just glad to have a friend who can deliver them to the VA clinic for me, I want to support the vets.  They sacrifice so much for us and we need to let them know how much we appreciate it.

Durwood had a toe appointment in one of the hospitals yesterday and as I was leaving I noticed the coolest art on the hall walls.  It's really pretty paper shapes and the artist put origami in it.  It's really cool.  I want to find out who made it.  I like origami.  Aunt B sent me a link to an amazing paper artist's work, it isn't origami but it makes me think that maybe I can use origami in one of the art challenges to come.



May 7--Marsden Hartley, Portrait of a German Officer.  Raina could barely open her eyes.  The world had changed and she could hardly bear to look at it.  People were different too, they walked fast and talked loud.  Colors were more vivid and images were big with hard edges.  She longed for the softer days when life was slower, when the pace of things was less frantic.  She went to the movies just to sit in the dark for a couple hours.  Dolph put his hand on her shoulder and she let out a little cry.

I don't remember if I showed you the first finished cocoon.  It's too big for my purpose but I think it's pretty cool looking.  I had some dice (that's what the pattern says it is, a dice bag) that I put in it but I know it'll have a higher purpose, just as soon as I figure out what it is.  I suppose I'd better get cracking and make myself presentable to go to work.  I'd rather go back to bed but I'm a good employee (most of the time) so I need to get myself cleaned and dressed and out the door in a reasonable length of time.  Have a... day.
--Barbara

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you don't think that chemo hat is "manly" enough...so what? Women need chemo hats too! I love those colors. The hat would work for a man or woman. Nice work!

Aunt B said...

That dice bag would be perfect for jacks and a ball. Remember those? Wonder if kids play jacks anymore. Maybe it isn't "tech-y" enough -- or at all, for that matter!! Still a neat bag. Glad you found that paper artist guy. Amazing talent!