Monday, April 1, 2013

Starts & False Starts

Well, I got a little ahead of myself last week.  I had every intention of casting on a hat and shawl at Friday Night Knitting, but I couldn't bring myself to cast on the wool hat and couldn't find the inside end of the lace weight for the shawl.  So I kept working on the cotton kerchief which I unexpectedly like how it's turning out.  After a little hitch in beginning it, it's ticking right along and I like the way the marled green color's looking.  I have high hopes for it once it's finished, walked, and blocked.


I did survey the other knitters about whether to finish the scarf or frog it and start over.  I kind of think it's too wide for comfort but I also don't think I want to rip it all apart and begin again.  Z-Dawg suggested that I back up just to where I started the decreases, knit until I'm really running out, bind off, and see how I like it.  I think that's what I'll do.

I tried casting on the shawl last night after I wound the yarn up but the needles I chose were too blunt for the yarn.  I looked online for pointier needles but didn't want to spend the moola.  Big needles ain't cheap.  I unearthed some metal needles which are okay but this morning I remembered that I have a pair of Knit Picks Harmony needles almost the right size and they're extra pointy.  I'll be giving them a try after work.

No comments: