Thursday, April 25, 2013

Orbs of Fire & Ice

Very poetic, no?  Yesterday after work I came back into the bedroom to change into my play clothes and the sun was just sliding into the notch made by the neighbor's roof and tree so I scurried to grab the camera.  Then before I locked the patio doors and closed the curtain after dark I zipped out to top up the birdbath and saw the full moon (Wildcat Moon) so I grabbed the camera again.  It's harder to take a moon picture because I can't convince the darned camera to not gather all the light making it look much brighter outside than it is.  That's when I miss film, but most of the time I love digital, so immediate.

I think my cold's on the way out.  I slept through the night for the first time in a week and I slept without an extra pillow propping me up.  Now watch, now that I've said that I'll have a snot-filled, miserable day.  Naw, the fates wouldn't do that to an old girl like me, would they?  No, of course not.  Not a chance.  (knock wood)

I stopped at DS & DIL1's on my way home from work last night to drop off a coupon Durwood printed off for them to spend at Cook's Corner and learned how to put Porter's new walking harness on her.  DS put it on her, then I took it off and put it back on.  She, of course, thought that meant we were going walking so I promised her I'd pick her up tomorrow morning for a walk, so I have to be better, plus I didn't have the bag of trimmings and leaves for "the ladies."  They saw us in the sunroom and were doing the chicken pace up and down that side of their coop "here!  chickens over here!  bring treats!"  Yeah, they're shameless.  Also funny to watch as they stumble over each other in their eagerness, clucking and crooning (it's almost like a purr).

April 25 (only 8 mos. til Christmas, yikes!) -- Jean-Leon Gerome, Tiger and Cubs.

Here, kitty kitty,
you want to call.
They look so soft,
orange and black,
with too big feet,
round ears saucered toward the sound
of a broken branch,
footsteps on the path.
Mama's warning rumble growl
like an earthquake
sets the ground to tremble,
watchful green eyes
warn you away. 
~~~~~

Oh, look!  The sun's shining.  Shining like it means it.  There're puffy white clouds too but they look benign.  This is Thursday, right?  That means I have tomorrow off.  And the next day.  And the next day.  Yippee!  It'll be nice, I know it will be, just for me.  Ahh.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yay!!! The sun's out, your cold is going away and you have time off from work! God's in His heaven and all's right with the world!!!