Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hot-cha-cha!


It's supposed to hit 80 degrees today... and barely 40 by Friday.  I do not understand how this yo-yo weather happens.  Do you?  Are you one of those easygoing people who just rolls with it, never rebelling against the vagaries of Mother Nature?  I know that the weather will change later today because my right knee and my right wrist and my back and my neck all ache.  I've said it before but I'll say it again, I'm tired of being a barometer.

I picked up Porter this morning and we met Skully at the Baird Creek Greenway (greenway's evidently a fancy-schmancy word for trail) for a walk.  It was cooler than she thought so we didn't go all the way to the end, plus she had spent yesterday clearing stuff out of her basement, climbing up and down the stairs, so her hips and legs got achy fast.  That was okay, it looked like it was planning to pucker up and rain, it didn't of course but it looked like it.  That meant that when we got back to her house Porter raced around the backyard like a crazy dog.  I love watching her run like that.

After cashing my paycheck I stopped at Monterey Yarns which is going out of business by the end of May.  That's too bad, not that I'm in danger of running out of yarn anytime soon, but I hate the idea that they're closing.  There's still Patti's Yarn Shop but she's not open much, isn't online, and doesn't follow trends.  Sounds like cause for regular road trips, don't you think?  Naturally I've got bales of yarn to be knitted up before I'll be panicking.

April 30--Iran, Applique in the Shape of a Lion's Head.

Golden cat
flying mane
bared fangs
rumbling
spine-tingling roars
king of beasts
~~~~~

Sorry that the poem for the last day of April is so anemic but I fell asleep.  I'll do better next time.  Cross my heart.  I can't decide what to do the rest of the day, oh wait, I have to carry frozen stuff down to the basement freezer and make sure that the inventory is a bit more accurate.  Maybe I'll whip up some lotion too although it's going to be pretty nice outside to spend the day down there.  And I want to go to Aldi for a pineapple, strawberries, and a bag or two of oranges before they go off sale.  Guess I have plenty to keep myself occupied.
--Barbara

No comments: