Sunday, April 26, 2009

Back From the Grave

Okay, so I wasn't that close to the edge; it only felt like it for a day or so. I highly discourage anyone from willingly experiencing the adventures of a gallbladder attack. I do highly recommend the chemical agents used to diminish said attack though. And I commend whoever put said chemical agents into convenient pill-size doses. The pain removing ants do a great job. See the comments made on my knitting blog to understand the reference. I realized today that it's been way over a week since I've written anything so I flipped pages and here's what came out.

April 25 & 26--Benjamin W. Crombie, Lord Cockburn and Adam Duff, from Modern Athenians. One look at these two and my prejudices kick in. I imagine that the old Lord Cockburn is a narrow thinker, cleaving to the hard old ways, resistant to new thought. What if that is totally wrong? What if the young smiling Mister Duff is the one bound by rigid and antiquated ideas that bog him down in the past? Am I any more up to date in my thinking if I let appearances sway me so? I need to step back and watch and listen, not be so quick to rush to judgement. I need to monitor my own self to guard against rigid thinking. My eyes have set a trap for my opinions.

Okay, kids, that's all you get. The longer I take the pain pills the thicker the ants get and the foggier my thinking is. I think it's getting worse instead of better. I feel like I'm disconnected from planet earth.
--Barbara

No comments: