Friday, December 19, 2008

Ok, Now Today Looks Like Winter

Holy crap, is it snowing! I'm very glad I can stay home and make stuff today instead of braving the craziness of shopping.

Thanks for the great meeting last night, Bob. Elmore Leonard's 10 Rules made for excellent discussion fodder and I loved the illustrations. His reason for using "said" is the best, most logical, most sensible I've ever heard.

December 18--Write about masks. People wear masks all the time. Sometimes it's makeup or facial hair, other times it's a false attitude that's worn for work or to hide feelings. Write about masks. Write about masks. Write about masks! Masks! What about masks? I feel like all my masks are askew or slipping, maybe damaged or becoming transparent. Maybe they're becoming too heavy or the glue I use to keep them on has worn off. Sometimes I feel as if there are wide cracks in my mask that let my true feelings glare out and sometimes I know that people can see it by the wary look on their face.

Not much happening on the paper last night. Oh well, happy shoveling.
--Barbara

No comments: