Wednesday, June 18, 2008

200 Down, 108 To Go

Pages of Horizon, that is. I zoomed through nearly 100 pages last weekend and have about 6-8 pages in the "needs more thought" folder. I want to tackle those before I plunge into the remaining pages of rewrite. The places that need the most work are the later story parts that I wrote early in the process when I kept restating backstory as if I were writing a short story or when Gail's emotional changes hadn't caught up with my writing yet, so I need to change her from a whiner to someone who is standing up for herself. It's not hard, just time consuming.

I refuse to dig into writing more of Anneke's Legacy until Horizon's all rewritten and shined up. No distractions! But I'm glad you like it so far. I have to read some more modern romantic novels to learn the way the story unfolds in them. That's a good job for this summer sitting on the patio with a big lemonade while my "yard man" works. ;-)

--Barbara

No comments: