Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Don't Know

I did a major rewrite on Rialto, and the language just wasn't happening. It's dependent on a springy, flippant narrative style and somewhere along the line, I lost a big part of the humor. So while the characters in Rialto take a breather, I might go back to Slow Dancing and see where that one wants to go. Or maybe start sketching scenes in Say What You Want. It all depends.

But I know what you mean about the 2008 planner. I've got similar trepidations when it comes to breaking in a new journal. To begin with, there's all this sentimentality about letting go of the old one. Usually I go through some kind of interim program, writing on loose sheets of paper. Then I'll be using the new journal, almost without my knowing it. It's like I have to trick myself into feeling comfortable about writing in it. Sure it's neurotic and maybe even a tad bit disturbed, but there you have it.

Bob ;-)

No comments: