Sunday, September 2, 2007

Swag!


I know swag usually means stuff you don't have to pay for, but this was so inexpensive I think it qualifies. I stopped at Ben Franklin on my way to Sam's and Walmart, well, not on the way exactly, but let's just say I went there. BF is going out of business and I went a few weeks ago and picked up some knitting needles and a few skeins of yarn but all of it was only 20% off, not that big of a deal. I figured everything would be really picked over because all inventory is now 70% off, and I was right. There weren't any more needles or hooks, and there was very little yarn, but I did manage to find some. What I found was 5 1-1/4 oz. skeins of Lion Cashmere Blend, which is merino & cashmere & a teeny bit of nylon--3 navy, 1 cream, and 1 black. There were 2 in powder blue but I'm just not going to buy powder blue yarn even if it is cashmere. The other 2 skeins are 100 g. of llama & wool--dreamy! Don't know what I'll make with this swag but I'm guessing it'll be for me.

I also swung through Walmart's yarn dept. with the express purpose of buying solid color cotton yarn. I bought 4 skeins of variegated. I'm not even posting a picture. I am incorrigible.

3 comments:

Psyche said...

Ooh, I'm jealous. I wish I had 70% off yarn!

Love,
Ann

Julie said...

Yummy! Is that Montera yarn? From Ben Franklin? I love that yarn; it's so incredibly soft.

Barbara said...

Yep, it is, Julie. I was amazed to find it sitting forlornly on a shelf with turquoise eyelash and multi-colored glitter yarn crowding it. So I rescued it.