Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm Home!

Hey guys! I just got back from my week at The Clearing--now the laundry begins. It was a good week for writing up there, cool and windy, so it was easy to sit at my desk all morning and write. I think I'm close to being done with the next First Line story and I started writing about taking dive class. I just couldn't face tackling the Horizon edit when I had so much uninterrupted writing time stretched out before me. I'll get to that soon, though, once The First Line story's submitted. Laurel and I used the story spinner a couple times to jumpstart our mornings and that was fun too. Great food, beautiful setting, and bonfires at night. What could be better? The rest of you up there with me, that's what. I bragged about my fantabulous writing group all week and made the rest of the writers pea green with envy.

Jenny, I can't wait to read about the Sheilas; sounds terrific. Bob, I realized this week that writing is the way I make sense of my life, so it's my lifeline too. Adam, as long as you're writing, who cares if it's short or long?

See y'all Thursday night. We're doing Adam's critique, right?

--Barbara

No comments: