Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Need Four Hands!


I've been working on knitting, and getting a bit less cramped about it, and my scarf is coming along. But in going on the Lion Brand website looking for the scarf pattern from the ribbon label (with bigger letters), I found 2 other knitted scarf patterns that use 3 or 4 strands of various types of yarn and great big needles they call "speed stix." They're size 50! You cast on 5 stitches and knit until the shortest ball of yarn runs out. Hooray, I found some knitting patterns just my speed--big needles and thick yarn. I'm determined to finish the ribbon scarf before I tackle the giant needles projects, but may not make it. At JoAnn's when I was looking for the speed stix I, of course, had to cruise the yarn aisles and found the most interesting string-like stuff for only 97 cents a skein. It's Coats & Clark Royale Lovebeads, a polyester & acrylic blend. I snapped it up to make market bags. Of course, I had to start one once the idea grabbed me, so now I've got 2 projects going, one knit and one crochet. I need 4 hands! Or to quit my job so I have all day, every day, to write, then play with yarn, then write, then play with yarn...

4 comments:

Psyche said...

Both of your projects are looking good! It's always dangerous to search for patterns; I'm building up quite a library. And I have 4 projects currently underway; you've got some catching up to do!

bookie said...

I'm sure I won't make it through tomorrow without buying some boucle and getting started with the giant needles. Right now I'm resisting checking online for more patterns calling for size 50 needles. I'll bet those big wooden ones Mom gave you are 50s or close to. I didn't see; are they marked?

Psyche said...

They're 20s, actually. And when I showed them to some of my friends, they called me Buffy--as in The Vampire Slayer. I imagine your 50s would put my 20s to shame!

bookie said...

Mine are plastic--and they look like horse's legs!