Monday, June 11, 2007

Shawl--read twice, crochet once--lesson learned

The easiest looking garment was a simple, lacy shawl made with mohair yarn and a Q hook--my kind of crocheting, quick and easy. So I made it but didn't exactly follow the pattern and got what amounted to a scarf. My beautician loved it when I gave it to her. Frustrated that it hadn't turned out the way I envisioned, I began again. This time I followed the instructions to the letter, even made the start chain longer, and it turned out! And it was beautiful. Just the thing for a cold winter evening reading or watching TV. Even my husband likes it when he's chilled. Good thing he looks good in earth tones!

Still smoking but worrying more about burning my project.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Ooh, I don't think I'd seen this before! It looks lovely. I'm just trying to picture Dad in a shawl... it's not working very well.
~Ann

bookie said...

He kind of looks like the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood in it. In fact it lives on the back of his chair so he can grab it if he gets chilled. But hey, as long as he only wears it at home, he might as well be warm. Plus it is a manly redwood color.
--Mom