Friday, April 19, 2024

Tulips The Bunnies Won't Eat

I've planted tulips and some years one manages to grow and flower. Things aren't looking good for this year. The tulips sprouted early and survived a snowfall that covered them up but as soon as they were uncovered again they were bitten right down to the ground. Today I found tulips that the bunnies can't eat. I painted them. They don't look exactly like tulips but they suggest tulips. I like the leaves especially but I like the flowers too.



The Downy Woodpecker showed up on the suet cakes today. I don't know how the little birds manage to land on things in the wind like we had today. It roared through the trees and all of the branches and the birdfeeders were swaying. The wind finally died down around sunset so maybe it'll be nice enough for me to go out and chase some weeds tomorrow. My Grandma Angermeier was always going out to the garden to chase weeds. I don't know why she said it that way but I like it. Always have.


Up on the retaining wall the sedum is making an appearance. I like the bluish green of the leaves and the compact clump of them. It'll be late in the summer before they flower but they're looking nice and green right now. Green is good.



I drew the Gratitude Journal this evening when I got home from supper with DS and family. I'm proud of the boxing gloves I drew to represent the conflicts in my manuscript, not that anyone punches someone out, but I thought it was a good way to depict conflict.


I'm about two-thirds through the seventh little ball of yarn on the Cashmere Sophie Scarf. One more to go! It takes a lot longer to knit through 45 yards when you only knit for a few hours on Friday nights but I'm just not really into knitting much these days but I don't want to quit because I like the people I knit with. I've rolled and pinned it up because having it hang down four feet is really awkward when I have to turn it around and go back. The orange marker is to tell me which side is the right side. I need that because the only row with something special to do on it is the eighth row so I need to keep track.


I've spent the last few days listening to the audiobook of Horizon. It's not too bad and it sounds like a real book. Amazing. Now I need to find another narrator to voice The Seaview and Island Dreams. I found out today how to relist the projects on ACX to attract another narrator. It'll take a few days to get the old contracts terminated and then I can go back on the hunt. I'm disappointed that my original choice can't get the Caribbean accents down to her satisfaction so I'm having to look elsewhere. Oh well. I'll get it figured out.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Happy Birthday to Oscar. You're so lucky to be able to participate in their birthdays. They did a very good thing when they moved back to GB.