Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Snowstorm!

It had snowed a few inches overnight so I went out this morning and fired up the snowblower to clear the driveway. It wasn't too cold and it wasn't too windy.



Once I was done with the driveway I went down to Zambaldi Beer to visit DS and learn even more about brewing beer. And I got to taste the Hazy IPA called Don't Haze Me Because I'm Beautiful. It was very tasty, lots of citrus aroma and flavor. Unfortunately it's about to run out so DS was brewing a new batch with a different grain bill and different hops. How does he keep all that stuff in his head? Maybe he writes lots of notes. I know that he has a clipboard for each batch of beer he makes.


When I got home I got out my paints and today's Daily Practice was to paint two tiny still lifes, a clementine and a lemon. I really like the way they turned out.



Not so much for the Intermediate Watercolor lesson for the day. It was to paint layered shapes in pale colors so that they showed through the ones layered on top. I had a lot of trouble making my corners sharp and the shapes symmetrical or at least have straight sides. I might try this again. Maybe.


The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Crow. I really wasn't in the mood to draw a bird but that's what there was so I just knuckled down and did it pretty fast. I think that speed worked in my favor today or maybe I'm getting better at birds.



By the time the afternoon was winding down and I had folded and put away the basket of clean laundry (yay, socks!) the wind had picked up and the snow was flying. It seems to have gotten worse as the night has worn on. They had an early release from school this afternoon and tomorrow is cancelled. I'm for sure not going anywhere tomorrow, it's supposed to be bad out there.


I have to get up early tomorrow morning because it's the day to register for the fall Clearing classes. In the fall is when I take the Women's Writing Retreat with my friend cda so I need to get us signed up. Good thing I learned from my mistake yesterday so I'll be able to get the job done since I suspect that the Clearing staff will have trouble making it into the office tomorrow morning to answer the phones. Great timing, Snowstorm Delilah!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Stay in today. The weatherman made today sound like Armageddon! So much snow and ice this year. Hope you got registered for The Cleaning.