Sunday, February 5, 2023

Not Much

You know, I can't really tell you what I did today because the day is kind of a blur and I don't know why. I got up earlier than usual and just when I was getting ready to do yoga and step aerobics on the Wii my friend MW called and talked for an hour. No, I really mean that he talked that long, I could barely get a word in edgewise. He's a knitting friend and hasn't been at Friday Night Knitting in about a month so we were concerned. Turns out that the cold was getting to him and since he doesn't have home internet he'd have to go out to log on so he stayed home. Then Lala called and I got to talk to her for half an hour or so. That time I got to talk some.


I did the Daily Practice. I'm semi-pleased with how the bigger floral painting turned out although I suspect that I'd have been happier with it if it had been smaller. I was tempted to tape a smaller paper to my board and start with that. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.



While I had the paints out I took another run at painting a tree. I think I'm getting better at it. I like this one better anyway. Looks more tree-like.


It's time to gear up for Investment Cooking again so I pulled out 8 or 9 recipes and made my shopping list. I'll go to the grocery on Tuesday and start cooking on Wednesday, that way I'll be able to have all of the raw meat packaging in the garbage bin before next Tuesday night when it's time to take out the trash.


After consulting with Lala, I signed up for an online 3-session critique group. It's been so long since I've done critiques I'm nervous that I won't be able to figure out what to say.

I got to spend the evening with the small people. We played with Magna-tiles, then they took showers, and read for a bit before lights out. They've gotten to the place where they don't ask for me to read to them anymore. I kinda feel a little useless but fortunately they still want me to sing them a lullaby.

I didn't make time to write or draw today but I did stay up late last night designing and ordering bookmarks on Got Print. Can't wait until they arrive. I'll tuck one into each book and have a stack of them on the table at the market.

It's late again and I'm tired. Nighty-night.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Can't wait to see what you cook this time around. I lost all my recipes in the hurricane and I had zillions. Now I never know what to fix for dinner or if I do, don't have the ingredients. That's my excuse for not wanting to cook.