Sunday, February 26, 2023

Number Three

I've spent the last week working almost exclusively on getting Better Than Mom's whipped into shape for publication. I reread it on Word, I read it aloud to myself over a few days which really taxed my throat, I read it again on Word, then transferred it to Kindle Create where I read it again making minor tweaks each time...



... and finally this evening I crafted a cover on Kindle Cover Creator and hit "publish." The eBook is live now on Amazon and the paperback is pending. They have different covers because the photo I used for the eBook didn't translate well into the design templates for the paperback but that's okay. This is the cover for the paperback but I like them both.


The Cardinal came back to the feeder this morning when I was eating breakfast. He didn't look very happy.



When I opened the curtains this morning there were amazing icicles hanging from the gutter. It was sunny all day yesterday and again today and even though it's only in the mid-20s the sun is warm enough to melt the snow on the edge of the roof and make icicles. No sun predicted for tomorrow. They're saying we're going to have freezing rain and sleet instead. Oh goodie. Guess who's staying home tomorrow.


In the morning I got out the paints and tackled the still life Daily Practice. I like the bright colors and I like the way it turned out. No real artist need worry about competition from me but I sure am having a good time. I'll be sorry when this 30-day Daily Practice class is finished.



Then after lunch, having left the paints out on the table, I opened the new book I got yesterday, Watercolor Flowers the Easy Way, and tried out the first flower which is Agapanthus. It didn't turn out too badly, if I do say so myself, and it gave my eyes a short break from the computer screen and the endless manuscript reading.


This afternoon the doorbell rang and I looked out to see a FedEx driver walking away from the house. I couldn't figure out what he could be delivering but went out and retrieved the box. Inside was a set of Tupperware measuring cups and spoons, and a Minion water bottle (for my littlest grandson) that I ordered online ON JANUARY 1 and it just arrived today. I've been in touch with the Tupperware dealer in California who's account was the one that came up and she's been tracking the package. Seems it went from South Carolina to Canada where it rattled around in Quebec for a while before crossing the border again and finally landing on my porch. Don't think I'll be ordering anything from Tupperware again anytime soon.


I can't wait to get the email from Kindle Direct Publishing saying that my next book is live so I can order some. I wrote the initial manuscript of the novel in 2007 so it's about time to get it published. There's only one manuscript that's older than this one, it's the first writing I ever did, and I don't know if it'll ever see the light of day. I reread it about once a year and still think it has possibilities, so maybe.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Perfect subtitle for "BTM's". Everyone is going to want to stop in for a biscuit!