Saturday, February 25, 2023

Reading To Myself

I don't know how those audiobook narrators do it. I've spent the last day and a half reading Better Than Mom's aloud to myself and my throat is scratchy and I have a dry tickle. Maybe they don't read it all in one go? Anyway, I spent most of today (when I wasn't piloting the snowblower around the driveway and then the plow drift) reading almost 200 pages of manuscript to myself. I have to say that I'm enjoying the story (whew!) but I look forward to being done with it. Only about 20 pages to go. Tomorrow.



I saw a flash of red out the patio door and there was the Cardinal at the platform feeder. If you look at the right side of the roof of the feeder you can see the little icicle that grew there in today's sunshine.


Tonight I met some knitting friends at DM's new house for a lot of snacks, a bowl of soup, and a little knitting. I almost got the top ribbing done on OJ's second mitt, all that's left to do is bind off, then there's just the thumb left and there'll be a pair. Fast!



One of the knitters sells greeting cards and she always has a lot of samples to share. We took turns sorting through a box of cards. I found a few. Thanks, CS!


The only art I did today was a gratitude journal page. It felt weird not to paint or draw but I was laser focused on getting through that manuscript. I'll try to do better tomorrow.


This morning I took the tosses to Goodwill and stopped at Michaels to replace a pen that is running low on ink and found a cool-looking watercolor flowers book that I spent my latest voucher on. The pages of the book are watercolor paper so you can paint right in the book. What an interesting idea!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I don't know how you carry on with all that snow out there. I know it's part of your life and you're careful driving but it looks so formidable. Glad you're enjoying "Better Than Mom's". I always loved reading my journals.