Thursday, February 23, 2023

I'm So Over Delilah

Including the snow that we got on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, Green Bay got 10.1 inches of snow from Snowstorm Delilah. With the crazy wind that blew from the north and then dropped the snow in the front of my house there was a lot more than 10 inches for me and my big red snowblower to tackle this morning. Happily it wasn't deeper than the mouth of the snowblower so I didn't have to go over it and over it.



Because of the snow and wind schools were closed today so I got to entertain two small people for the day. That made pursuing my usual schedule of drawing and painting all day difficult. LC and I painted but OJ wasn't interested. She painted the dawn.

 

The three of us collaborated on the Daily Art page which said to "turn the splodges into animals." They did a few and left the rest for me. I did most of them but quickly ran out of ideas.



I tried to paint the Daily Practice of a bowl of cherries but had trouble concentrating. I think I'll take another run at it tomorrow.


While I was digging around for some knitting the other day I ran across
a pair of fingerless mitts that are way too small for me so I left them out for LC to try on. They fit! So I gave them to her. That made OJ say, "aw" so I dug out some red yarn and cast on mitts for him. I got all but the thumb done of the first one this afternoon and evening. That may be the fastest that I've knitted something in a long time.


The kids had a lot of fun in the deep snow in the backyard and even more fun on the parking lot mountain behind the neighbor's house. I had to dissuade OJ from digging a burrow into the side of the mountain. All I could think of was it collapsing on him and trapping him under hundreds of pounds of snow. Nightmare!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I didn't know snowstorms were named. If hurricanes are, why not snowstorms. You certainly weren't spared. All that snow!! Scary!!