Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday - October 6

Sorry I was away from the Blog for a few days Barbara...I've been spending time working on a new piece as the memoir just wasn't cutting it for me. As always, excellent writing! Loved the things that your father told you, especially the pool cue!

Write About Small Mistakes

What a poignant topic to write about today. Yesterday I told my favorite Aunt that I have been separated since April. It was something I had been meaning to tell her, but our family was preparing to celebrate my cousin's wedding and I did not wish to be a dark cloud over this happy event. It's funny how she and another aunt knew that something was wrong. You could say she wasn't surprised.

Looking back on my separation, I have made alot of small mistakes, however the timing of them and their frequency have fused together to become a large mistake. That mistake being living my life for the acceptance of others. If I had this time to live over, I would have taken control of who would know and when they would know. This time I allowed my mother to dictate if family members should know. I realize she was being the hopeful optimist wanting her daughter to reconcile her marriage, but this giving up of power in my own life has cost me. Now I must slowly recover and recovery is often painful.

No comments: