Friday, October 24, 2008

Drizzle

Well, that's just perfect. I'm not really enthusiastic about working today and the weather's crappy. Maybe I'll have to stop for a sweet roll on my way to work. Awesome meeting last night, guys. Excellent critiques and a fun exercise. I loved it. Look! I even wrote when I got home! Yay, me!

October 23--These are the lies I told you--I'm not who you think I am. I was never married, never lived in Europe, never went to college. I grew up in a trailer park in southern Indiana and barely graduated from high school. The closest I've been to Europe is the Pizza Barn a mile from here. I lied because... well, because I wanted to impress you, to make you want to get to know me. Now you'll probably never call me again, delete me from your PDA. Everything important I told you has been the truth, only the things about my past have been lies. But I wanted no more lies between us because I love you. Hello? Are you there? *click*

Not a great prompt.
--Barbara


No comments: