Friday, October 17, 2008

I Love Writing Group Meetings!

Oh, it was great last night, talking and laughing and writing. You guys inspire me to depths of weirdness and I thank you for it.

Oct. 16--You're driving in your car--My car. My car is a rattletrap beater held together by hope and New Age bumper stickers. I keep meaning to scrape them off but seeing "Imagine Whirled Peas" and the rainbow happy face helps me find it in a mall parking lot. I used to be embarrassed about ol' Bessie but one day when she was parked in a line of fancy SUVs and shiny hybrids I was walking behind a pair of teen boys. One of the boys stopped in his tracks behind her and said, "Now there's a real car! Not like these grocery-getters." Scorn dripped from his voice as he flipped a dismissive hand at the SUVs. He was looking back when I walked to the driver's door. "Hey, lady," he shouted, "I love your car." I threw him a kiss and he and his buddy burst out laughing. After that, knowing someone coveted her made me appreciate her more.

Not bad for a quickie. Enjoy the weekend.
--Barbara

No comments: