Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sock Done!



Look! Two socks! One for each foot! Matching!



It's taking all my resolve not to immediately cast on another pair but I want to finish the practice 2 Circs Sox first so then I can do two at a time without using the wrong needle and ending up with three sock sides on the same needle like I did last night. Oops. I can tell you right now these are not going to be blue-ribbon socks because I'm not frogging back to the boo-boo in the
ribbing, when I get an extra stitch because the working yarn looped over a needle I just knit two together, and I tinked back the row off the wrong needles and knit it on the correct one. These will be "under jeans" socks but that's okay, I'm learning. Now that I've pretty much got how the needles go down pat, I can concentrate on keeping the yarn and balls from dangling in the wrong place and goofing me up or tangling quite so much.

I'm going to Patti's sometime today to get yarn for some gifts I'm going to need in a couple months and, oh this is exciting, I need to get a skein of Galway in black tweed because I've got a commission to knit another pair of Dashing for a friend's husband. I take that as a compliment.

So now I've got my red Licorice, "Keep From Smoking" Swing Jacket on the needles, the 2 Circs Sox legs growing, I'll cast on Dashing tomorrow at work, I want to start the 2 gifts (1 knit, 1 crochet) today, and I'll probably weaken and cast on another pair of socks before bedtime. I'm with you, Ann, I want to knit it all--and right now.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Very nice, Mom! Lovely socks.