Tuesday, February 26, 2008

apricot jam

Hello again again. I'm finally rid of all traces of the typhoid today. Not even a headache, though I'm concerned one may come on at work tonight since I got up at 4 am and now no longer have time for the nap I was going to take. That was slightly foolish of me, but after 4 days of only moving from the bed to the bathroom to the couch and then 1 entirely too long work day to make up for it, I had to get out of the house today. I bought a new garbage can and other sundries, which probably seemed more exciting than it should of. And this popped into my head while I was changing lanes. Well, at least "ape-ricot" did. The rest worked itself out from there. I have no idea what the larger context (if any) is, but I'm not going to turn my nose up at spontaneous writing. Baby steps, right?

Maria pronounces apricot like this: ape-ricot. Maria also pronounces her name Mar-ya, though I can’t get her to say if her mother also pronounced it that way. She’s from Detroit, so really I doubt it. Maria is very fond of saying things like, “I am so very fickle of ape-ricot jam.” Maria has been entirely misled about what the word fickle means, though – for what it’s worth – she truly does like apricot jam.

Barbara, the Zippo brings me back to the shell in the pocket. It's a nice circular device. And Bob, has more come of your frightened narrator?

Jenny

No comments: