Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Finished With Forbidden Love--For Now


It was fairly quiet at work yesterday and after supper, and I finished the last (for the moment) pair of Forbidden Love Wrist Warmers. Yay! They will go into a take-out box and into a ricocheting Mickey Mouse box to be sent to a writing friend who just fixed up her first dedicated writing room. A girl needs her own space. I do love that pattern and the yarn is a dream to work with, not splitty or sticky, just right.

I also took some close-ups of the cotton vacation socks so you can see how interesting the striping is. I love that the old c
olor comes back in little spurts for a while and the new color foreshadows itself. It needs a little more nylon or elastic or something because it's pretty saggy, but I wore the socks on the way home from Bonaire last Friday and they were comfy for all that walking, which is a very good thing and must be the acid test for handmade socks. Good job, me.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Those socks are really pretty, Mom--I like the way the colors show up and disappear, too. And hooray for mitts!