Sunday, September 16, 2007

This Is What I Made While I Was Supposed To Be Writing


See? I didn't spend too much time crocheting and knitting when I was supposed to be writing. I worked on my second pair of fingerless gloves because I was killing myself crocheting and it was the only knitting pattern I had along. The pair on the right is actually a deep burgundy color, not black like they look in the picture. It's a very quick pattern to make, even for a beginner, and they're surprisingly warm. (I finished the second pair this afternoon. I love the colors--purple, scarlet, rust & orange. It's TLC Essentials acrylic in Harvest.)


I should have more than one dishcloth to show you because I made a cloth out of each skein in the pile of used skeins behind the star dishcloth, but I gave five of them to the kitchen staff. I was working on the cloths when they sat near me to eat their lunches and admired them. They are so friendly and take such good care of the "campers" at The Clearing, I had to give them each one. Besides, I might get an extra big scoop of ice cream next year! I love ice cream; it's the perfect food.



The purse isn't complete, but it's for a friend who couldn't make it this year and sent me a "camp" package with all sorts of goodies in it, including two skeins of red eyelash with colored globs in it. I thought she needed a purse with accents of her yarn that was made up there as sort of a consolation prize. I found some other stuff to send but I'm not telling in case she reads the blog.

No comments: