Saturday, September 22, 2007

All WIPs, no FOs (I'll explain)


As promised in my previous post, here are the pix of my week's yarn-ing.

First, the progress on my Noro purse that I worked on at the LYS knit-along and at Mom's. My plan is to use the other end of the colored yarn for the stripe on the opposite end so that the beautiful green and turquoise is on the purse too.

Second, the Bits & Bobs KAL capelet, which I am about three or maybe even four weeks behind on. But it's my first time using circular needles and I had to frog 2 rows because I purled when I should have knitted or knitted when I should have purled. (That's what I get for thinking, just one more row!, when I should be
going to bed.) I started it with yarn that I had only 3 skeins of (out of a grab bag) and when I tried to get more, found out that there is no more. Grrr. It sat for a day or 2 while I tried to decide whether to just give up and frog the whole thing and forget it or keep going. I decided that it wouldn't look too bad if I knitted the edging with the burgundy and used the off-white from the same grab bag (same make & model yarn, just different colors) for the body of the capelet. I first had to figure out that I wouldn't be carrying yarn all that distance, I'd just use 2 skeins, one for each edge. This morning I did discover, when I finished the last row, why the instructions for intarsia tell you to twist the yarn colors together where they touch. I have a nice separate strip of burgundy on one end where I was careful to untwist the yarns before using them. Oh well, a little whipstitch will take care of that and I was looking at this as a learning experience anyway.

Third is my craft fair dishcloth project. I know it looks like a bunch of FOs, but my plan is to crochet one dishcloth a day until Nov. 10, which is the day Mom and her neighbor have their booth at a church craft fair and they agreed to sell my dishcloths. This is what I pick up when I'm at work or get totally frustrated with whatever else I'm working on. It's relaxing and I love this star pattern because it only takes about an hour to make one--and you get 2 from one skein of yarn! Fast & economical--what's not to like? (I think my favorite is the one with the aqua edge. I've been tying together the leftovers to make one large ball and I crocheted that one from there. I think there are about 6 different colors in it.) So in my mind this won't be an FO until Nov. 9 when I should have about 50 of them.


No comments: