Sunday, September 23, 2007

EEK! (sorry to be so girl-y, but keep reading)


So I was cranking down the patio umbrella yesterday evening and I glanced up at the pulley to make sure I was turning the crank in the correct direction only to see a pair of hornets crawling out of the hole in the pole. Good grief! I quickly detached the top half of the umbrella pole and tossed it and its inhabitants out onto the lawn. Then I pulled out the bottom half of the pole and flipped the table over. Look what I found--that's not a shadow next to the table leg on the right. It's a nest the size of a Big Mac teeming with hornets. Ugh. I scooted into the house, got the bug spray, and dispatched the devils. Now it's safe to sit out there knitting or reading. I am woman, hear me roar! (After I'm done cringing.)


One teensy bit of yarn talk--I got 10-3.5 oz. skeins of Bernat Softee Chunky in True Taupe for $1/skein at Michael's yesterday. Don't know what I'll make with it but I couldn't leave it there.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Yikes! I'm glad I wasn't there for that!
Love,
Ann