Friday, March 17, 2023

Windy!

Man, it was windy today. Still is. I stopped to fill up with gas and stood out there in that cold wind shivering and wishing that the gas pumped faster. Now I have a full tank of gas for my Sunday trip to Sturgeon Bay to visit the bookstore. But the sun came out around lunchtime and it got sunnier as the day wore on. It got colder too but sunnier is the best part.


I stopped at Zambaldi Beer on my way to the gas station and grocery store (which was actually way out of my way) to drop off LC's repaired hoodie and found DS teaching his new assistant how to clean the brew system. There was water everywhere and in the middle of the floor was this barrel with foam coming out of the bung hole. Seems when you put carbonated beer into a barrel the carbonation has to come out. That makes sense.



I wasn't very motivated today so I only drew one page from Draw 500 Flowers. I was supposed to use a black liner pen to draw them and partly fill them in but I just couldn't be bothered.


After supper I dragged out my paints and an old photo to try again to make a decent picture. It's better than the last time I tried painting this, it's not good, but it's better. I think I was in too much of a hurry and didn't let the paint dry enough before adding the next layer. I'll do better next time.



At Friday Night Knitting I knitted the foot of the Trekking sock to time to start the toe decreases. I didn't get many rounds of decreases done so it isn't very noticeable but I'm there and the end is in sight.


I spent most of the afternoon trying to write an argument between two of the characters in The Seaview2. I wasn't very successful, at least I don't think I was. Seems I'm not a good arguer. More thinking needs to happen.

Tomorrow is the Market on Military again and this time I've got copies of  Better Than Mom's all ready to sell and my Square scanner doodad so I can take credit cards if someone asks. Watch, now that I have that thing no one will ask. Ah well, it was free.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sunshine is good. The sky down here is beautiful nearly every day -- well, it is during this time of year. Summertime is a whole different ballgame. I'm dreading hurricane season but I'm trying not to think about that.