Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Another Sunny Day! Hooray!

It was another bright sunny day today and I was so happy about it. They're talking about the next snowstorm arriving tomorrow evening and lasting into Friday. I'm so glad that my snowblower is fixed. I can't say that enough.

While I was yog-ing this morning I saw a black and white bird on the feeder and delayed a pose to get a picture. It was a female Downy Woodpecker contorting around trying to get seeds out of a nearly empty feeder. I went out later in the day and filled the feeders and the birdbath so that there's food out there for my little feathered and furry friends. Even though I'd rather feed Bluejays than squirrels at the peanut wreath, I admit that squirrels are fun to watch.



More green! I looked down at the sprouts in front of the house and saw that the hyacinths are not only sprouting but there's a bud peeking out between the leaves. Brave bud because it's supposed to cool off about 10 degrees over the weekend but I have faith that my intrepid bulbs will be fine.


The latest entry in the spring green race is this clump of daffodils that have been uncovered by the melting snow. I'm amazed at how tall these sprouts are. I guess snow's a good insulator.



I was drying my hands on the kitchen towel and realized that I really like the stylized fish on it so I laid the towel out on the table and set about drawing a few of them. Their style reminds me of the drawing/doodling that I'm learning in my Creativebug drawing class.


Turning to the next page in Watercolor Flowers Made Easy I found Anthurium to paint. I may paint them again on a postcard and the next time I'll use red paint because the only Anthurium I have seen have been red. But I like this pink version too.



I took another stab at replicating KA's Cardinal notecard and think that this one is a little better. One thing that I didn't do was water down some white paint to spatter over it so that it looks like it's in a snowstorm. Maybe I'll try that next since I bought a cheap tube of white watercolor just to have on hand.


I think I've decided to submit the most active hurricane scene in Seaview2 (or whatever I end up calling it). I printed it off today and will look at rewriting it, tightening it up before shipping it out to the other members of the group. I want to keep reading the manuscript, though, just in case I come upon another scene that I like better. Reading this first draft shows me how much rewriting and workshopping I did to get my three published books into shape. Lots of work ahead.

I got a call from Aunt B this afternoon. She received her copy of Better Than Mom's and saw that I'd dedicated it to her. She's been one of my biggest cheerleaders my whole life and I wanted to thank her for it. It was fun to hear the excitement in her voice.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I'm having a little lunch/bridge thing here tomorrow and plan to show off my talented niece AND the latest offering dedicated to me!!! Thank you so much for that. It made my day.