Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Not Photogenic

Most of what I did today wasn't photogenic.  I read an ebook for most of the day, I ran the vacuum and dusted, and that was pretty much my day.  I intended to go out and shore up the bales in the garden but the weather didn't cooperate.  It was chilly and breezy all day and that kind of weather doesn't make me want to go out to work in the yard.  It isn't supposed to be much better all week, in fact we have frost warnings tomorrow night, so maybe I'll get out into the garden next week.


There was a pair of goldfinches on the feeder this morning but one of them hopped around to the back perch just as I snapped the picture.




I'm doing one repeat of the four rows of the Baktus scarf pattern daily.  I'm still having focus issues with knitting.  Maybe I'll haul up some fabric and cut out more clothes that I don't need.





05 May--Barbara Malcolm, Tropical Obsession. 

The pair of laughing gulls stood side by side on the sand facing the trade winds and watched the couple walking toward them. The gulls, dressed in black with white bellies, looked to her like a pair of prim butlers standing with their hands behind their backs watching the antics of their employers with a superior air. "Look at those birds," Mona said to Jack as they neared the birds. "Don't they look like they're judging us?" Jack glanced up and nodded, the smoke from his cigarette riding the breeze to twine around his face before streaming away. "They're just gulls," he said, aiming a listless kick at them. The little puff of sand he scuffed in their direction sent the birds running up the beach a bit, making Mona laugh. Frustrated that they hadn't flown away, he stooped, picked up a fist-sized chunk of coral, and tossed it at the birds. They squawked and flew up to circle out over the waves, filling the air with their laughing call. The couple moved on, Jack oddly cheered by his act of harassment, Mona wrapping her arms across her midriff as if she were cold.


This gray overcast and chilly weather gets me down.  Even my daylight lamps aren't cutting it lately.  I need real sunshine and am tired of bad news.  Things are bound to turn around one of these days, right?
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

No sunshine and even that one bird hid from you. No fair!!! Can't believe your weather but I've said that a hundred times. Still..... it's May!! Frost just is not right. It even sounds as if Jack is in a bad mood -- scaring away the gulls. Ugh!

Today's one-liner:

It's been Monday all week.