Friday, September 29, 2017

A Quick One

I was too distracted and busy to post yesterday and today promises to be the same but I thought I'd try to hit the high spots.


We've got wildlife on our doorstep, as usual.  

I finally managed to capture the bluejay swooping in to cadge a peanut.  They're so fast--zoom, in and away--so I have lots of shots of a peanut wreath with nary a bird.  I delete those.


I try to put a little pile of cracked corn on the patio for my small distraction and really enjoy seeing them stuff their cheek pouches beyond all imagining.  How do they do it?  Once I saw one shove an entire peanut in the shell in there.  Boggles my mind.





Chipmunks are high on OJ's list of fascinating animals and I was thrilled to find a stuffed one at Beach People last week.  He liked it, once he figured out that it wasn't a real "munk munk."






All of the little birds and chipmunks cleared out in a quick hurry when this bruiser arrived at the top of the apple tree to check for snacks.  It stayed a few minutes and flew off after some hapless prey, chased from the tree top by a territorial squirrel.







In boring yarn news, I've been exclusively knitting on Sudoku Long Strip #2 and figure I'm about halfway.  It's really true that if you knit on something it gets done.  Imagine that.  I promise that I'll keep being monogamous and not start another thing until it's done.  Cross my heart (and no, my fingers weren't crossed).



Although I will confess that I spent some time with the tape dispenser last night and put together the pdf version of 100 Acts of Sewing's Shirt No. 1.  She has her first Creativebug class online about making variations to this pattern and I'm banking on those techniques being applicable to the Tunic and Dress patterns I already own.  I will watch the class videos over the weekend, I will.  But I promise not to get too deeply into sewing up a Shirt No. 1 until the Sudoku strip and LC's fancy purse are both done.  Really.

September 29--Andrea del Sarto, Head of a Child Laughing.  It was a musical laugh.  Infectious too.  Thea couldn't help but smile when she first heard it but after a while the laughter took on a shrill tone that made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.  She wanted to find the child and make it stop.  The sound came from the stairwell.  Up or down, she wasn't sure, and she didn't know any of the people in the building so she couldn't discuss it with a neighbor or find out where it was coming from and how long it had been going on.  She stepped into the stairwell and immediately wished she'd brought a flashlight.

Okay, time to get a move on if I want to get my lo-o-o-o-ong list of chores accomplished today.  Toodle-oo.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yes, the shot of the bluejay is definitely a keeper. Glad you stayed with it. And the chipmunk -- with the stuffed cheeks -- comes in a very close second. Always love your photos.