Friday, July 8, 2016

Just a Couple Things

Well, that was dumb.  I typed the heading up there, hit "enter" by mistake, and it posted.  *head, smack*  Sorry about that.  Not that I have much to say today but I do have more than just a blank box.


I have some perennially confused mums in front of the house.  Every July they sproing up and fling buds and blossoms around like it's October, then I go out, snip them down about halfway, and let them think about things until it's time for them to really bloom.  Foolish flowers.

 

Dad's rose is blooming too, but this is the time it's supposed to bloom.  It's just the prettiest thing, smells great too, very rose-y.




I started knitting on the July Preemie hats yesterday.  There are four sizes in the pattern I found last month--Eenie, Meenie, Minie, and Moe (largest to smallest)--so since I make four hats a month I thought I'd just start with Eenie this month
and work my way down.  I might grab another color of Microspun to make stripes in this hat... yeah, I probably will.  Maybe white or maybe some random, off the wall color.  What would go with this bright turquoise?  Beside the lime green I used last month, I mean.  I'll take it under advisement.


July 8--Russ Gutshall, Beach Bike Twins.  Two little girls rode their bikes on the hard sand at the water's edge, giggling as the spindrift foam blew through their spokes.  Mags sat on her blanket with her knees drawn up and her arms wrapped around them.  She felt the blood race through her veins and pound in her ears.  She stared at the bicycle girls...

And that's when I ran out of words and fell asleep.  Today I'm meeting a friend for lunch.  I think we're going to grab something and go sit in a park to eat.  I'm glad that we're eating local and outside.  The only thing is, it's humid.  Sticky and humid.  Ugh.  It's not supposed to be humid in Wisconsin.  It didn't used to be when I was a kid, at least that's what I remember.  Enjoy your Friday.  Eat outside.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I vote for an orange stripe in the little hat. Then give it to a baby Miami Dolphins fan -- team colors. Woo-hoo!!! That rose is truly a picture. Wish I could get a whiff of it.