Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Little Knitting, A Couple of Birds, and Tomatoes Galore

Not much happened in my world in the last 24 hours.  I worked yesterday, was moderately busy, and got to fill the air bank, which meant the compressor ran for hours.  Good thing there are ear plugs there for me to wear.  I don't understand the science behind it but that loud noise for an extended period of time makes me tired.

The only knitting I did was actually crocheting.  I filled in the heel of Advent Garland Stocking #1.  Isn't it cute?  I thought it might look lame but I like it.  I like it so much that I dug out more leftovers of colorful yarns and I'm scheming ways to put them together to make more stockings.  And knitted mittens too, of course.

 

I filled the feeders this morning (after I did yoga) and managed to capture a chickadee on the suet.  They're such hit-and-run birds, they're hard to catch at the feeders.  Before I filled the suet a male downy woodpecker came for a snack.  They're amusing because they seem to enjoy landing on a Slinky and taking a little ride up and down which scares off most birds.






 





The day lilies behind the kitchen window were just opening when I was out there but all of the tomatoes are growing by leaps and bounds.  Yay, tomatoes!








July 7--Mike Klemme, Green Coast.  It looked like a golf course without flags, holes, sand traps, or golfers.  The sea winds sculpted the shore exposing and then covering the jagged rocks.  Sand the color of clay swirled and blew in eddies like small tan tornadoes caught between the sea and the land.  Daria stood looking out to sea for a long time before making her way through the dune grass down over the crumbly rocks to the flat, gray brown beach.
~~~~~

I would like to have a shore out my door, or at least within walking distance.  Maybe someday.  Gotta go get the trash bin in and zoom off to work.  Bye.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes. You have a regular farm in your backyard. Love the tiny sock. Too cute.